The Arkad Foundation was founded in Seravezza, with the aim of creating an intercultural center within the space of the Studio Artco, and to encourage the development of artistic projects. The main objective is the diffusion of culture and art, in particular of the plastic, visual and musical arts, through a program of initiatives in connection with national and international cultural realities. For the realization of this purpose, the Foundation uses the best organizational and cultural resources for the realization of fundamental projects such as:
-The carrying out of teaching-training activities in the field of sculpture and other artistic disciplines;
-The realization and organization of thematic cultural events, such as the setting up of exhibitions, concerts, shows, stages and workshops;
-The enhancement and development of the existing link between the territory of historical Versilia, sculptural art and local craft activities, with artistic manifestations falling within the field of plastic and visual arts;
-The reception of artists and students of plastic arts.
The Arkad Foundation:
- hosts artists for the realization of works of art with the help of the Artco studio, in an equipped space, using traditional and modern techniques;
- coordinates activities and events in collaboration with local authorities, promotes exhibitions and meetings, informs young artists and transmits technical knowledge;
- organizes an experimental art center to promote teaching and communication between artists, technicians and professors, in contact with institutions, universities and public or private academies;
- presents the works created in the workshops and hosts exhibitions of sculpture, painting and installations,
- organizes conferences, symposia and shows, and fosters meetings and exchanges between various artistic expressions including music, dance and theater;
- sets up accommodations to offer accommodation to artists, students, assistants or professors during their stay for work;
- presents itself, in the area preferred by the sculptors, as a meeting point and reference point with the possibility of connecting to other cultural centers, associations and artists from all over the world.